The G. Harry Stine
Precision Fragile Payload Challenge
An FAI Open International Spacemodeling S2/P Competition
July 29, 2018 Wloclawek, Poland
Sponsored by the U.S. National Association of Rocketry (NAR) to honor our founder and the founder of FAI Spacemodeling, G. Harry Stine (1928 – 1997) and to promote interest in space model events that involve large rockets with maximum opportunity for originality in design and mission approach.
Register teams by notifying the director of the 2018 World Space Model Championships. There is no separate fee to enter, any participant who is registered as a competitor or supporter in the 2018 World Championships may fly.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the winning teams and individuals:
- 300 euro for the 1st place national team, 200 euro for 2nd place, 100 euro for 3rd
- 100 euro each to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place individual winners
Conducted in accordance with Rule 6.2 (Event S2/P) of the FAI Space Models Code.
- Altitude goal 300 meters, duration goal 60 seconds on each of 3 flights
- Payload of one raw egg (60 grams +3) will be provided
- Altimeter (Adrel) will be provided
- Any weight or size of one-stage rocket may be used, up to the limits of the FAI Code
- Any rocket motor or combination of motors may be used, up to the limits of the FAI Code; motor testing and impound not required
Schedule of Events
11:00 – 11:30 Issue of Payloads
11:30 – 12:30 Class S2/P Round 1
12:30 – 13:30 Class S2/P Round 2
13:30 – 14:30 Class S2/P Round 3
15:00 Awards Ceremony